Work Phone: 573-471-5680
University of Missouri, Rolla: B.S., Civil Engineering, 1974
University of Missouri, Rolla: M.S., Civil Engineering (Environmental), 1975
Registered Professional Engineer: Missouri, Arkansas
Registered Professional Land Surveyor: Missouri
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Kansas City, MO
1975 - 1976
Employed as a project engineer reviewing preliminary reports, plans and specifications for wastewater system projects to be funded by the EPA Construction Grant Program.
Waters Engineering, Inc., Sikeston, MO
1976 to Present
Currently acting as Principal Engineer and Partner of a civil engineering and land surveying company with a staff of 12, responsibilities include the following:
Project planning & development.
Supervision of plan & specification production.
Supervision of water & wastewater treatment plant inspection and start-up.
Typical civil engineering projects at Waters Engineering, Inc. include the following:
- Water and wastewater systems.
- Streets and drainage systems.
- Industrial parks.
- Residential and commercial subdivision developments.
Noteworthy projects completed over the past 10 years on which Mr. Chittenden was in responsible charge for preliminary project development, design work and construction oversight include the following:
- Expansion of the Sikeston, Missouri activated sludge wastewater treatment plant and upgrading of the northwest water treatment plant. Project cost $5,200,000.
- Construction of a new water treatment plant for the City of Portageville, Missouri. Project cost $1,500,000.
- Construction of a new water treatment plant and upgrading of an existing treatment plant for the City of Caruthersville, Missouri. Project cost $2,500,000.
- Water distribution system formation and expansion projects for New Madrid County Public Water Supply District No. 5. Cost of projects $3,700,000.
- Street, drainage, water distribution, elevated water storage tank, sewer collection and wastewater treatment lagoon for the Sikeston Business, Education and Technology Park. Cost of projects total $6,000,000.
- Industrial park development including, roads, railway, water, sewer, drainage and general cargo dock for the New Madrid County Port Authority. Total development cost $2,500,000.
- Street reconstruction program for the City of Sikeston, Missouri since 1978. Annual cost of projects of approximately $800,000.
- Construction of over 120 Federal Off-System bridge projects for 5 Southeast Missouri counties. Cost of each project averaging approximately $200,000.
- Missouri Society of Professional Engineers (Director)
- Missouri Association of Professional Land Surveyors
- Water Environment Federation
- American Water Works Association